Are you curious to discover more about the extensive programs and resources that Young-Williams Animal Center offers to our community? We invite you to request a comprehensive presentation by one of our knowledgeable staff members. We're eager to visit your organization, share our mission, and shed light on the impactful work we do for animal welfare. Let's connect and make a difference together.
Doggie Day Trip
- Dogs enjoy quality time, exercise and socialization outside of the shelter
- You’ll have a great time too! There is no commitment beyond simply spending the day together and having fun
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Dog must remain on leash, held by an adult, at all times
- Dog must be kept separate from personal pets and other dogs you encounter while out and about
Paws for Reading
Paws for Reading is a program that helps individuals in the community and our animals that are available for adoption. Community members practice their reading skills by reading to animals, and in turn, the animals experience the power of the human-animal bond and become more adoptable through socialization.
We ask that you commit to reading to our animals at least twice a month, and contribute a $10 donation to help cover the program’s expenses. The minimum age required for readers is 5 years old.
Throughout the year wonderful groups, neighborhoods, and small businesses choose to help Young-Williams Animal Center get out into the community and educate the public on what we do every day. Sometimes this is through an adoption event, fundraiser, school visit, or even just an educational booth at an event or convention.
If you think your group or small business would be interested in hosting an event, or having a representative come and present to your group, please fill out the form provided in the link to the right!
Volunteer groups can help support the care of our animals in a number of ways:
- Cleaning our play yards to make animal playtime that much better
- Sprucing up the lobby so our Adoptions team can focus on the animals
- Preparing enrichment activities to give to our animals as a special treat
- Helping staff events where our mission can be spread to the community
- Many other opportunities!