We might have a solution ...
Our goal is to help you keep your pet! We have a lot of resources to share with you and will do our best to help you find a solution so that you can keep your pet!
Taking your pet to any animal shelter should be your last resort. Shelters, including ours, are temporary holding facilities designed to house a large number of stray/lost pets at one time. While our goal is to provide quality care for every animal we house, it will always be a loud, scary and stressful environment for most pets and not all will make it up for adoption because of medical and behavioral issues outside the scope of resources we’re able to provide – some as a direct result of the stress that an animal encounters after arriving at the shelter.
Our intake facility is located at 3201 Division Street, only.
A few things you should know ...
If you have exhausted all of your options, and the shelter is truly the last resort, we want you to know a few things:
- We will try to help you keep your pet, first and foremost. We have a lot of different resources to share with you that will probably help resolve your problem so you don’t have to give up your pet.
- We take owner surrendered animals in by appointment only at 3201 Division St., as space is available, and we are almost always booked two weeks out.
- We do not put animals up for adoption that are aggressive towards people or other pets.
- We do not have resources to treat, fix or manage major medical problems for owner-surrendered pets.
- We cannot guarantee that your animal will be put up for adoption.
- If your reason for giving up your pet is “no time,” please know that our adopters are average people, just like you. We’re happy to talk with you about things you can do to enrich your animal’s life so they can stay with you and be happy.
- Fill out the Dog Profile Form or Cat Profile Form honestly and completely to begin the process
- Fill out the Surrender Application honestly and completely. Please return completed forms to our Pet Resource Center. E-mail forms to: [email protected], text a photo of the form to 865.363.6702, or Fax: 865.215-6667
- Both forms must be filled out for record completion. Please be aware that once you submit these forms, a staff member will call ~3-4 days prior to a surrender appointment becoming available. If there is assistance that would aid in keeping your pet, please let us know in the pet profile or surrender application.
Contact us today!
Call 865.363.6702 or email [email protected]
Fill out the Dog Pet Profile and Surrender Application or the Cat Pet Profile and Surrender Application to start the process. Please return completed forms to our Pet Resource Center.
If you are seeking temporary assistance in housing your pets due to a crisis, please fill out this application and call us at 865.363.6702.
Post Your Pet!
Young-Williams Animal Center has teamed up with Adopt-A-Pet to offer free online postings for animals in the community needing new homes. Click below to post a free online ad that will reach millions of people looking to adopt an animal on adopt-a-pet.com, one of the leading adoption sites in the US!
Pet Food Pantry
Pet Food Pantry– YWAC’s program provides free pet food for low income families struggling to afford pet food.
Click here to fill out the form for the Pet Food Pantry program.
Young-Williams Animal Center is proud to be an HASS partner.