Meet our incredibly talented, smart, witty, and fun Visual Coordinator, Hannah. She’s the one behind all of the fabulous photos.
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself
I’m very nerdy. I love playing Muggle Quidditch! My husband and I play Magic the Gathering on a regular basis. I am always up for a Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition marathon! Doctor Who is one of my favorite TV shows. Any nerd thing, you name it, I’m probably into it.
- What book are currently reading? I’m in a perpetual state of re-reading Flannery O’Connor’s collection of short stories. She’s my favorite author and her work never gets old!
- What’s your favorite podcast? Lore! It’s so captivating and I’ve learned so many weird, random things from listening to it.
- What’s your favorite food? Anything from Sticky Rice Café here in Knoxville! I’m also obsessed with cheese, but I can’t eat it right now due to health-related dietary restrictions. But I’m still holding onto hope that one day I’ll experience baked brie again!
- What were you like as a child? I had the nickname Tigger for a good reason. I loved animals of all kinds, always had a wild imagination, and adored playing outside. I didn’t have imaginary friends, I had a menagerie of imaginary pets!
- What’s your favorite vacation destination? I went to California on a family vacation when I was eight! We were there for three weeks and I still have vivid memories of everywhere we went and all of the things that we did. I would love to go back.
- What do you like most about living in East TN? I love living so close to the mountains. I was born and raised in East Tennessee, and my mom would take my siblings and me to Cades Cove any chance that she got. Whenever I go there now I feel like I’ve come home. There’s something so peaceful and comforting about being surrounded by so much wild and nature.
- Why did you want to work at YWAC? I love animals! I always have. And I also love how much YWAC does for the community that I live in. Being a small part of this organization’s journey fills my heart up!
- How long have you worked here? I’ve worked here for four years! I started out volunteering in 2013 to fulfill volunteer hours for a school project, and then YWAC just couldn’t get rid of me after that. I was hired in 2015.
- What do you like best about your job? I love being a visual storyteller for all of the animals who come into our care! Seeing an animal’s journey from the moment they arrive, to the moment they get adopted and leave our building means so much. A lot of the time the tears I shed are tears of happiness when I see an animal find the perfect home.
- What do you hope for the future of the organization? I would love to see all of our animals getting adopted as soon as they’re made available. I also would love to get even more involved in our community, and let people know that we care about them and their pets!