Did you know that we adopt out more than just cats and dogs? That’s right! We have bunnies who are looking for their new home. Why adopt a bunny? See the list of fun facts below!
- Bunnies are affectionate and intelligent, much like cats and dogs. They seek affection/love to snuggle and love doing enrichment activities like puzzle feeders, playing with toys, and digging.
- Bunnies live just as long as dogs do, with the average lifespan being about 8 to 10 years (though many well taken care of rabbits can live to their 20s)!
- Bunnies are typically easier to litter train than people expect! They like to keep their areas neat.
- Making bunny toys is non-expensive and often just like recycling. Bunnies like chewing and digging, so filling a cardboard box with newspaper before hiding some treats or food at the bottom creates a great digging activity. Filling old toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls with hay is great for chewing.
- Bunnies can be leash trained to go out and about! Just like cats and dogs, bunnies can be walked around the yard on harnesses.
- Fixed rabbits are less temperamental/territorial when fixed, and rabbits are social creatures/prefer the company of other rabbits, so adding two fixed rabbits to your home is ideal! If you already have a lonely bachelor or bachelorette, YWAC adopts out all bunnies already fixed, so come get your bunny a friend!
Adoptable bunnies are can be viewed on our website here and are available for a $30 adoption fee!