Enjoying summer’s warmer weather? Whether you are spending time at the pool, lake or park, it’s important to keep your pet’s safety in mind. Young-Williams Animal Center offers these tips to help protect your animals during the summer season.
- Keep pets cool and hydrated
- Don’t leave pets unsupervised around a pool or lake
- Use pet-friendly insect repellant
- Don’t give dogs alcohol–even beer–ever
- Be smart about picnics with pets, avoid giving them people food and table scraps
- Make sure your pet is properly identified–collar with ID tag and a microchip with up-to-date information on file.