Pet Safety Tips for Summer Fun
Enjoying summer’s warmer weather? Whether you are spending time at the pool, lake or park, it’s important to keep your pet’s safety in mind. Young-Williams Animal Center offers these tips to help protect your animals during the summer season.
- Keep pets cool and hydrated
- Don’t leave pets unsupervised around a pool or lake
- Use pet-friendly insect repellant
- Don’t give dogs alcohol–even beer–ever
- Be smart about picnics with pets, avoid giving them people food and table scraps
- Make sure your pet is properly identified–collar with ID tag and a microchip with up-to-date information on file.