Fourth of July Pet Safety Tips
Keep your pets safe during July 4 celebrations!
- Fireworks and loud noises can cause pets to become frightened or disoriented.
- Keep your pets inside.
- Turn on calming music or a fan to mask some of the noise.
- Make fireworks time an indoor playtime with fun distractions.
- Never use fireworks around pets.
- When outside for Fourth of July parties with your pet, do not apply sun protection or insect repellent to your pet that is not specifically labeled for use on animals.
- Always keep flammable items such as sparklers, matches or lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach, as well as citronella candles, insect coils or tiki torch oil products.
- If your pet or someone’s pet you know goes missing, check young-williams.org/lost-found/ regularly.