Young-Williams Animal Center continues to closely monitor the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and is updating our response as new information becomes available to ensure the safety and health of our animals, employees, volunteers and visitors.
To best serve the community and the animals that depend on us, we are enacting several temporary measures. Please see below for updates on hours and policies during this time. We will continue to update as needed.
- The main shelter at 3201 Division St., including Spay/Neuter Solutions and the Pet Resource Center, remains open during normal hours – daily from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and closed for one hour from 1-2 p.m. for animal quiet time.
- Young-Williams Animal Village at 6400 Kingston Pike will be temporarily closed to the public starting March 16. This location will transition to animal housing and care in order to open space at our main shelter.
- To help care for our animals, we are in desperate need of fosters. Please apply at https://www.young-williams.org/get-involved/foster/ or call 865-215-6692 for more information.
- The Pet Resource Center continues to offer supplies and help to any pet owner who needs assistance to keep their pet during this difficult time. To contact the center or donate supplies, call 865-363-6702 or email [email protected].
- In addition to online donations through the Young-Williams Animal Center website, we are accepting donations directly from our Amazon Wishlist. Visit https://www.young-williams.org/donations/shelter-wishlist/ and click General Shelter Wishlist to donate. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all donations to Young-Williams Animal Center help animals receive essential care and find their forever home.
- In order to preserve space for incoming animals and lost pets, we temporarily will not be accepting surrendered pets unless the owner has passed away or is in an emergency situation with no other options.
- To keep our employees, volunteers and visitors safe, we have implemented increased sanitation procedures and are visually and verbally screening visitors for signs of illness. Please postpone your visit to the shelter if you think you may be sick or have recently traveled.
- To ensure the safety of all involved, off-site adoption specials are canceled through May 1.
The team at Young-Williams Animal Center thanks you, from the bottom of our hearts, for your continued support as we navigate this tough situation together. We are making adjustments to keep everyone involved in our lifesaving work as safe as possible, while still caring for the animals that depend on us for shelter. We are all in this together, and we have never appreciated our community more than right now.
For more information, call 865-215-6599 or visit https://www.young-williams.org/.