The Animal Center needs volunteer help every day. Volunteers are welcome at the main Center on Division Street and at the Village on Bearden Hill as well as throughout the year at special events. Volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Attend a general orientation
- Donate at least eight (8) hours each month to the animals for a minimum of 6 months.
- Pay a one-time $30 volunteer program fee to cover the cost of name tags, shirts, printing (volunteer manual, articles about animal welfare), and other program expenses.
- Volunteer on a set schedule of their choosing.
NOTE: Short term community service opportunities that are required for court are available only through our Animal Care Supervisor. Please contact Stephanie at email@example.com. No volunteer orientation is required.
Here’s some of the duties done by volunteers!
- Clean Kennels and Cages
- Greet Visitors
- Walk and Socialize Dogs
- Answer Phones
- Assist with Fundraising and Special Events
- Assist with Administrative Duties
- Assist with Educational and Outreach Programs
- Assist Photographer with Animal Handling
- Foster Animals (short-term and long-term)
- and much more!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
All potential volunteers will be asked to complete a Volunteer Application.
The Volunteer Orientation is required prior to volunteering at Young-Williams Animal Center.
At the orientation, volunteers are expected to submit their program fee and provide the Volunteer Coordinator with requests for areas they are most interested in. We will also require a schedule of availability.
For more information about volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply please fill out the application below.