Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Doggie Date
Make Your Valentine’s Day Un-fur-gettable and celebrate with a doggie date trip!
If you’re looking for a unique way to spend Valentine’s Day, consider showing some love to an adoptable dog at Young-Williams Animal Center. Our pets would love to hang out with you at a park, go for a hike, see the sites downtown, or whatever suits your dog-friendly fancy!
In addition to a leash, and all of the necessary supplies you’ll need for your date, our friends at River Dog Bakery will provide each pet with a heart-shaped treat to enjoy during your time together.
If you’re interested in taking a dog out on the town on February 14, 2023 for Valentine’s Day, please click below to fill out the application. We will be in touch to schedule your outing.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Dogs enjoy quality time, exercise and socialization outside of the shelter.
- You’ll have a great time too! There is no commitment beyond simply spending the day together and having fun.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
- Dog must remain on leash, held by an adult, at all times.
- Dog must be kept separate from personal pets and other dogs you encounter while out on your adventure.
IDEAS FOR YOUR DOGGIE DATE TRIP
Go for a walk. Many shelter dogs are just content with a change of scenery. As part of your doggie date, simply take them on a walk in your neighborhood, through the city, or even a hike in the woods. The new sights and smells along the way will make for a great adventure!
Give them a special treat. After all that walking, you may want to recharge with some rest and a snack. Many coffee and ice cream shops offer complimentary sweets for their canine customers. While you’re at it, splurge on a treat for yourself!
Go shopping. Along with home improvement stores, many pet stores allow you to bring in a dog. You and your doggie date can check out the latest line of toys and treats.