The Animal Center needs volunteer help every day. Volunteers are welcome at the main Center on Division Street and throughout the year at special events. Volunteers are required to:
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Attend a general orientation
- Donate at least eight (8) hours each month to the animals for a minimum of 6 months.
- Pay a one-time $25 volunteer program fee to cover the cost of name tags, shirts, printing (volunteer manual, articles about animal welfare), and other program expenses.
- Volunteer on a set schedule of their choosing.
NOTE: Court-assigned community service opportunities are available only through our Director of Sheltering. Please contact Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s some of the duties done by volunteers!
- Clean Kennels and Cages
- Greet Visitors
- Walk and Socialize Dogs
- Answer Phones
- Assist with Fundraising and Special Events
- Assist with Administrative Duties
- Assist with Educational and Outreach Programs
- Assist Photographer with Animal Handling
- Foster Animals (short-term and long-term)
- and much more!