The adoption fee includes:
• Spay or Neuter: ALL animals are spayed or neutered by our veterinary staff PRIOR to leaving the Animal Center. There are NO exceptions.
• Microchip and Registration
• Preliminary Health Check by our veterinary staff
• Vaccinations: YWAC provides at least one booster (DA2PP for dogs, RCP for Cats) but the animal center does NOT provide a Rabies vaccine. This must be done at your veterinarian under your name. Puppies and kittens may require additional boosters after adoption.
• Treatment for Internal Parasites
• Heartworm Testing for Dogs >6months
• FeLV and FIV Combo Test for all Cats
• Flea Treatment
When you pick up your new family member, you will receive a complete medical record showing what was done while the animal was in our care. We advise that you take this medical record to your veterinarian for the post-adoption exam.